This little design was inspired by a batch of butterfly shaped die-cuts which I discovered in a drawer in my craftroom. I have decided to start to use as much of my massive stash to create things from now on. Trouble is I have so much that I have forgotten what I have at my disposal.
I opened a couple of boxes containing a selection of Stewart Gill paints, embossing powders, fragments etc and made up my mind to have a go using them. The pic above shows what transpired !
I first painted the diecuts with some metallic SG paints in purple, blue and gold which I also enhanced with some Luminarte Primary Elements using one of the Simple Solutions to make mica paints. I made several layers in the various colours until they looked vibrant.
On one butterfly I added some SG Embossing powder and heat embossed.
I then added SG jewel fragments stuck in place with glossy accents and finished off the bodies with Ranger dimensional pearls. The antenna were added on a foam pad at the back and were made from coloured art wire.
The butterflies were adhered as shown with more foam pads. The word are from PaperArtsy and were stamped on another piece of the background paper in Archival black ink, trimmed out and edged with more dusty concord Distress Ink. A small purple self adhesive gem was added in the four corners as shown.
The background was made from some pale pink heavyweight card and I added Distress inks in victorian velvet and dusty concord with cut'n'dry foam. I then used stamps and Brilliance and Versamagic chalk ink in various colours to add the dots and straw effects.
A piece of angelhair mesh was added to the back of the plate to finish.
Must dig into my stash and use some before I buy any more from now on. This meets the challenge requirements of 'Sunshine & Lavender' for the City Crafter Challenge Blog Week 219
Sid xx Pin It