>

Sunday, February 06, 2011

Perfect Day Journal Page




Here is Week 5 of the Mini Journal weekly challenge over on UK Stampers Forum.  This weeks requirements are:

1.   What is/ would be your perfect day?
2.   Include a picture on your page.
3.   Use some stamping on your page.

I always love being in a warm climate, sat on a beach with my partner drinking cocktails.  So Sun, Sea, Sand & Cocktails is the theme.  Wish I was sat there right now !!!

I started with a white card cut to 4.5 x 6 inches and smooshed with Impress dye inks in lavender, ultramarine & lemon yellow as the base.  I then stamped a postoid from Invoke arts on the bottom left in archival black ink.






The picture was printed onto ordinary copier paper, trimmed and stuck in place. I found a couple of different diameter round lids and used these to mark some circles in yellow and ochre acrylic paint as shown.




I got to work with the Posca markers in black, yellow, white and journalled the words on the page along with some doodles.





A plate was cut and coloured with Impress in chartreuse and lemon yellow with the recipe for my favourite cocktail 'Nothing' and actually looks very much the colour of the finished cocktail.  This was stuck in place and some holes punched with the Cinch to finish.

Sid xx

Pin It

16 comments:

  1. Love this page-it makes me feel all summery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That does look like a perfect day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I was there! Fab page.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab page sid. love your pefectday and the pic is beautiful. Makes you just want to go there. Thanks for sharing and have a great day. Angela

    ReplyDelete
  5. Take me there now! I cab just see wind and wet from my window!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW when we off, it looks stunning, those palm trees are to die for and I wouldn't mind trying that cocktail either!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great page! I haven't seen Midori in years - I'd forgotten it even existed! Hope you get a crack at your perfect day before too long.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like your gonna need a bigger case for your next trip Sid lol bring on the sun :)
    Fab page !

    ReplyDelete
  9. A perfect page Sid! Cocktails on the beach sound wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. great page this is going to be a colourful journal reflecting your colourful life

    ReplyDelete
  11. the colors are perfect (nice camera shots to show such detail). I always enjoy your projects. Thank you for continuing to share with us.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this page Sid, I shut my eyes and I'm there.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great interpretation of the theme Sid. Not wishing to make you envious I was at Santa Monica beach on Saturday in the sun and yesterday was sipping Margaritas on the porch whilst the Superbowl Party was in full swing inside. Does that count? Or is it not really applicable if you don't have all three together.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fab page, making me want to go on holiday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a great page and I wish I was there.

    ReplyDelete

You can still post without entering verification. Thanks so much for your time taken to comment and I really appreciate you doing so !

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...