>

Monday, March 09, 2009

Postcard from London


Here is my entry for the Sunday Challenge on UK Stampers Forum. This weeks postcard had to be from London.

I used:

  • White card (cut to 6 x 4 inches)
  • Inkjet transparency
  • Stamps (Postage stamp - Crafty Individuals, centre moulding - ISC & calligraphy ?)
  • Versafine Inkpad (onyx black & vintage sepia)
  • Moonshadow Mist (Gossamer gold)
  • Whispers Dye inkpad (brown)
  • Brads (copper screw head)
  • Glossy Accents

I searched online and found three images of London landmarks and collaged them on the computer which I then printed onto Inkjet transparency film. This was trimmed to allow a border around the collaged image to stick the transparency onto the card.

I stamped the moulding stamp and the calligraphy with the Versafine vintage sepia ink as shown. The stamped card was then sprayed with the Moonshadow Mist in gossamer gold to age and darken. Once dry the postal stamp was inked with the Versafine onyx black and stamped as shown. The card was edged with the brown Whispers dye inkpad, direct to card and the trimmed transparency adhered with a thin bead of glossy accents to the card. Finally the two brads were fixed as shown.

That's it.....very simple really ! Hope you like it :-)

Pin It

4 comments:

  1. I love the look...great job Sid!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great- I love the contrast between the blue and the brown.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo Hoo love the postcard and also the bottlecap entry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bet the moonshadow catches the light when its moved too. Great work Sid.

    ReplyDelete

You can still post without entering verification. Thanks so much for your time taken to comment and I really appreciate you doing so !

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...