>

Wednesday, December 03, 2008

'Who Said Red?' CJ

I have done a couple of earlier CJ's and all my work has become lost somewhere so have never actually received my CJ's back................very disappointing indeed !

I was a bit reluctant to have another go, but was tempted to do another on UK Stampers Forum hosted by Gail Milburn (Efemera). The theme was lightly based on the book 'True Colours' from Stampington which showcased a collaborative effort of art journals on a colour theme. This book has always inspired me anyway. Each participant was to choose a colour and an unmounted stamp and produce their CJ in this theme. My colour was RED because I sort of mopped up when the other participants had chosen their colours.


I had very little time to complete my CJ but here it is in all its glory anyway. This first pic is of the front. I covered some board with red textured cardstock. I then selected another shade of red and tore this into two leaving a space before adhering to the base card. This was given a couple of coats of matt paper Mod-Podge. I edged both raw edges with red metallic deco-balls. A red suede frame was backed with velvetised paper and adhered as shown. The heart was a clear acrylic embellishment backed with alcohol ink and held in place with a plate stamped with 'Who Said'. The RED was UTEE covered die-cuts and a stamped question mark.

I had just bought a Bind-it-All so intended binding my CJ with this. The inside left and right pages are shown here before binding.


Inside left page

Inside right page

The left page shows an image of the stamp and a wallet containing the stamp which I cannot trace to a maker! The right has the introductory dialogue printed onto inkjet transparency and overlayed on silver stamped hearts. The following image shows the pages together as they are in the CJ.

Next comes my double page entry:


My entry left

My entry right

The left page contains an image of the stamp coloured with dye inks with the mirror silvered and matted onto a transparency with swirls. This mat was adhered to a background made of gold on red paper which had the word 'Imagine' stamped twice. The background was pre-prepared with gold ink dabbed on through sequin waste. The right page had a similar background except a sentiment on vellum was edged top and bottom with velvet ribbon and was matted onto the same printed transparency before adhering to the page. A corner swirl stamp was used with white ink to finish. This is how the pages look together:

My last left and right sign in pages are here:

Last left

Last sign-in

These two pages use red striped backing paper, stamped with swirls and knibs with die-cut letters and tags made with the cricut and finished with red velvet ribbon. Embossed lips are used as an embellishment. Some suggested ideas are used on the left page. Here's what they look like together.



Here is the final CJ, all assembled and decorated with a variety of red themed ribbons.

That's it. Do hope you like it and that my friends and fellow contributors enjoy contributing to its contents over the months. Can't wait to see what the final work of art will look like.

Pin It

2 comments:

  1. looks great Sid!!!

    I hope you get it back this time!

    and well done for getting your ATC into Craft Stamper :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely fabulous - It will be a great CJ when it is finished. Sorry I wasn't able to take part this time.
    Hugs

    Vron xxx

    ReplyDelete

You can still post without entering verification. Thanks so much for your time taken to comment and I really appreciate you doing so !

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...