>

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Stunted Wings Card


This card was a while in the making. Some time ago I bought a couple of wing stamps and whilst trying them out (the stamps not the wings !!) Used some brush markers with water based ink and brushed on colour then stamped on light cream card and when dry spritzed with water and dried off with a heat gun then cut them out. This gave a watercolour effect on the background. I came back to the wings recently and applied glossy accents and then Gutermann seed beads as an embellishment, finally edging the wings with gold Krylon pen. They sat there for ages. Then I bought some more background stamps (rulers) and produced a mat which I edged with Versamark and dipped in gold detail EP and heat embossed it. Then I used a winged man/woman stamp from Paper Artsy and stamped with Adirondack espresso ink on cream card and varnished with matt modpodge. When dry I again cut out the image. I then used a cream card and applied Ranger distress ink in aged mahogony direct to the edges of the card. I then chose a stripey printed paper from DCVW cut to size and distressed the edges with sandpaper before applying to the card at an angle with double sided tape. I then applied the rulers mat with DS tape again off centre, the wings with foam pads and DS tape and the winged man/woman with foam pads. I then used MM magnetic alphabet stamps to stamp the words 'STUNTED' & 'WINGS' in black Stazon to finish. Only 'cause I thought the wings on the man/woman stamp were stunted ! and needed something to give them substance.

A weird one, I know................but I like it nontheless.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can still post without entering verification. Thanks so much for your time taken to comment and I really appreciate you doing so !

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...