>

Saturday, March 31, 2007

Faux Dichroic Glass pieces

Have had a very crafty day today. Spent all day doing these pieces of Faux Dichroic Glass. The melting pot, heat gun and UTEE have certainly been in action. Managed to burn the end of one of my fingers too........be warned, molten UTEE is definately VERY HOT indeed especially when stuck firmly to the end of your first digit !! I have not put my nose outside the door today, but I am off for 2 weeks so plenty of time for excursions.

Here are the pieces:
These are done using the melting pot..........







These are done with a heat gun & stamp........





Pin It

7 comments:

  1. Wow Sid these are so beautiful... absolutely amazing. The colours are so vibrant and pretty... I love popping by to see what you do next and I am never disappointed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Chris your comments are much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sid,

    you have been a busy bee havent you

    cath!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Cath......Bzzzzzzzzzzzzz, yes I most certainly have !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are beuiatifull Sid, I shall have to read up on this technique.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are fab - I love dichroic glass to start with and to see your "Faux" pieces is great - I went to a Tim Holttz demo and he had some that he'd made there - it's really impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you like them Kathy

    ReplyDelete

You can still post without entering verification. Thanks so much for your time taken to comment and I really appreciate you doing so !

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...