>

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

My entry in 'Wild West' CJ (UKSTAMPERS)

Well here we are again, my entry in the 'Wild West' CJ was finally completed on Monday. This time I could not boast being on time and was, in fact, a week late in sending it to the next recipient.

Here are the shots of both pages and also of the full spread. I used a variety of materials including some faux suede material in tan. On the left hand page I used background paper in terra cotta with tan stars as my base and applied the suede material in a fringe. I then used some brown gingham ribbon and held it in place with gold star brads. Above the fringe I applied a colour image of cowboys and indians and mod podged it in place (applying mod podge to the whole of the area above the fringe. I then bound a number of coloured feathers together with gold wire and applied the feather plume with a brown gingham ribbon knotted bow.

The right hand page had two sewn strips of the suede material applied top and bottom above which more gingham ribbon and brads was applied. I prepared a stampbord square which had been stippled with ink and embellished with a silhouette of a lone cowboy rider applied again with mod podge, and glued in place. The words 'lone, lone on the range' were stamped and applied in strips either side of the stampbord. Three ribbons tied in knots down the right hand side of the page completed the entry.


Pin It

4 comments:

  1. just catching up on your blog, Sid - LOVE this entry - and the Divas one above.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carrie......a senior moment I think !!!! I have amended the wording to reflect my error, but thanks for the comment it is much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Flo thanks for your comments too, glad you like the entries.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeehaaaa! It's fabby dabby doo Sid! (Love the Divas entry too)

    ReplyDelete

You can still post without entering verification. Thanks so much for your time taken to comment and I really appreciate you doing so !

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...