>

Saturday, September 23, 2006

Trish Bayley's background technique

Trish Bayley provided instructions in 'Simply Stamping' Magazine Issue 6 on Textured Alcohol Ink Backgrounds and I thought I would have a go.

I used kitchen towel, nylon fruit netting & clear adhesive tape as my background materials. The
PVA was an evo bond type which dried clear and shiny. I had a major problem though with the application of the alcohol inks with the felt pad. For some reason the PVA reacted to make a very sticky surface once the inks had been applied to the surface and the felt pad started to fluff and stick terribly. I resorted to using liberal amounts of Alcohol Blending Solution to try to overcome this and just about managed this. Next time I will use other means of spreading the ink.............not sure what though !!!




Anyway I have pics of three finishes I produced. The first included the fruit netting whilst the others just had clear adhesive tape and kitchen paper applied with the PVA.

Pic 1 used Cranberry, Wild Plum & Red Pepper Alcohol Inks. Pic 2 Pesto, Espresso, Caramel & Terra Cotta Alcohol Inks. Pic 3 Wild Plum, Denim, Stonewashed & Egglant Alcohol Inks.




Very Pleased with the results though !

Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Trish, so glad you like them....and from the Queen of textured backgrounds herself !!!!

    ReplyDelete

You can still post without entering verification. Thanks so much for your time taken to comment and I really appreciate you doing so !

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...