>

Tuesday, April 05, 2016

Life is Friendship .....




Needed a card to say thanks to a friend so made this card.  I started with a 5.5 x 5.5 in white card blank as the base.  I then cut two smaller matts, one in white and one in dark turquoise card.





I then stamped with a bubble wrap effect stamp in Memento summer sky dye ink.  I then also stamped in Memento black ink the life words (Wendy Vecchi - Studio 490).

I then stamped the girls (Crafty Individuals) in more memento black on a piece of white card and coloured with alcohol ink markers before trimming out.  This was embellished with some Glossy Accents on the girls clothing and when dry I used a Posca silver marker to highlight some spots on the frame.





This plate was then mounted as shown on foam pads.





The other words (Crafty Individuals) were stamped in black Memento on some white card, trimmed out and matted on another piece of the blue card before being stuck in place on more foam pads to finish.

I liked the muted colours and relative simplicity of this card.  Hope you do too !!

Sid xx

Pin It

18 comments:

  1. Love the sentiment!!!! It is super cool.... Lcoely card Sid!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Crafty Individuals stamp and the treatment with alcohol inks and glossy accents makes it pop off the page. Quit unusual too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic card. I love the Crafty Induviduals stamps also.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great card Sid, I love the stamp and sentiment :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely card for a friend, love everything about this xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely card for a friend, love everything about this xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely image. Perfect friendship card. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cool card! Wonderful sentiment! Congrats on your LIM win!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on your LIM win...well deserved. Do so like your card today, the layout, the theme, the fabulous background and the glossy accents on the front is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for stopping by the blog and commenting Sid - appreciate it!
    Love this friendship card (and I really like the sentiment on this week's LIM entry too! - Very true and now I will have to go and buy it!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This card is really wonderful Sid!... Absolutely gorgeous.
    I've seen it through my Bloglovin' connection, couldn't resist to tell it to you :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just pinned it on my Crafty Individuals inspirational board :) Thanks Sid. xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so beautiful and so moving, Sid! I also want to congratulate you on the well-deserved recognition from LIM!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  14. A beautiful friendship card Sid, love both the image and the sentiment, it works lovely.

    Hugs Erika. x

    ReplyDelete
  15. A wonderful friendship card. Love your background and what a lovely sentiment. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely card Sid with a lovely sentiment. Jean x

    ReplyDelete

You can still post without entering verification. Thanks so much for your time taken to comment and I really appreciate you doing so !

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...