>

Sunday, July 21, 2013

Be Happy Postcard




Here is my entry for a postcard swap over on UK Stampers Forum.  This month it is an open theme and I prepared my background on a 6 x 4 inch piece of white card trimmed to size with a guillotine..

I used acrylic paints and a sponge to apply blue, magenta and cream paints.  Once happy with the effect I then stamped with Stazon Gold ink a dotty overlay.  Over this were stamped the bee image (Pink Paislee) and the pennants (Papertrey Ink) in Memento tuxedo black ink..  Another text stamp (Paper Artsy) was stamped in fired brick Distress ink.





Next a strip of Washi tape was applied at the top and a strip of TH Tissue Tape at the bottom along with some paper lace.  These were lightly stamped over with the bee stamp again with Memento tuxedo black ink..






The bees body was coloured with a gold Posca pen to highlight.





All edges were coloured with more fired brick Distress Ink applied with cut'n'dry foam after the edges of the postcard were rounded with a corner rounder punch.  A light coat of matt acrylic spray sealer was applied to protect it in transit to it's recipient as it has to travel 'naked' through the post.

Sid xx

Pin It

11 comments:

  1. Fabulous postcard and I love my posca pens, just bought some coloured ones!!!

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely work Sid. Love the touches of washi tape :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful collage Sid - love the gold spotty dots

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous postcard!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a beautiful layered background you've created for your bee, Sid. I like that it's not honey coloured.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great postcard, love the tape strips and the gold spots!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like most things with bees-this one is gorgeous. The colors are so nice-the gold sets it off perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your postcard Sid - it's fab.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Never used those pens - love the washi tape. Great postcard.
    hugs, neet xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fab PC I love the dotty highlights on this. Wish I was taking part this month!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous card Sid, beautiful colours.

    ReplyDelete

You can still post without entering verification. Thanks so much for your time taken to comment and I really appreciate you doing so !

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...