>

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Timmy's Tag Day 6




One more added to the Christmas collection !  This one is No.6 and, you guessed it, I improvised a lot on this one too.  I started with a white base tag and coloured it with tumbled glass & weathered wood Distress inks (applied with cut'n'dry foam).  I then used a flourish stamp (?) and inked and stamped with wild honey Distress Ink in a random manner.  The edge was then distressed with a piece of course sandpaper and inked with walnut stain DI.






I didn't have the reindeer die so I used a stencil I had and stencilled the deer in weathered wood DI and then trimmed out with scissors.  I then edged this with walnut stain DI and stamped with a snowflake stamp inked with the same ink in a few places.  I made the antlers from the cracked glass TH embossing folder !  I embossed it onto white card, coloured the relief in wild honey DI and selected a bit of cracked glass embossing I liked and trimmed this out with scissors.  Once trimmed I edged it with dark brown Marvey Le Plume II pen and stuck in place behind the deer.  Instead of a tinsel collar I used a piece of turquoise fine metal mesh tied round with some green wire and held in place with double sided tape at the back.  The ribbon is a brad with its 'legs' cut off and adhered with a glue dot.  I didn't have the trees embossing folder either so I cut out two trees from some printed paper and coloured these with forest moss DI after embossing with a dots embossing folder.






The label was made from the TH collage embossing folder which containes a ticket so I embossed this onto white card first coloured with wild Honey DI and cut out the tag which was then wiped over with fired brick DI to colour the relief.  I applied a little 'happy holidays' clear sticker to finish.  I did have some of the music tissue tape and made the banner with it as shown.  The tag was then assembled with the reindeer and ticket on foam pads for relief with a star snap on one side of the ticket.





Finally I found some turquoise 'sewn edge' ribbon and threaded this through a hole and eyelet made and applied with the crop-a-dile.  Onto this I threaded a circle charm with the word 'treasure' on it and stuck on a little silver crackled silver star bead.


Sid xx

Pin It

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful tag, love how you did the trees!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab Tag Sid - love the ticket especially.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super tag Sid, love the embossed ticket :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great tag Sid! Brilliant improvisation! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab tag Sid, love the embossed ticket xxx

    ReplyDelete

You can still post without entering verification. Thanks so much for your time taken to comment and I really appreciate you doing so !

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...