>

Sunday, August 05, 2007

Tranquil Card


This card was done in response to a challenge to 'Use Your Stash' on UK Stampers Forum. I used a piece of base cardstock in plain cream weave finish and folded to make a card base. The stamp, which I bought from Third Coast stamps (Summer from 4 seasons tree set), had never been used and I have only just mounted it today on EZ Mount. I stamped in Versamark watermark ink on plain cream card and coloured with soft pastel (because I wanted the colours to be dreamy and muted). The pastels were applied with a small piece of cut 'n' dry foam in three blended colours. I edged the mat with sienna fluid chalk ink. This was then matted first on wedgwood blue mottled card (again edged with sienna fluid chalk ink) and finally on matching sienna paper, before applying to the front of the card with double sided tape. Simple but effective I thought.

Pin It

2 comments:

  1. what a pretty card Sid!

    I have this stamp, I might copy this one lock stock and barrel :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Flo, seemed to remember you used this set of stamps on one of our Forum CJ's. Love the stamp, and I am flattered that you would want to copy the design too !!

    ReplyDelete

You can still post without entering verification. Thanks so much for your time taken to comment and I really appreciate you doing so !

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...