>

Monday, August 20, 2007

Thanks Card


Here is a card I made today to say thanks to one of my friends. The background is done on a 3 inch square of white mountboard and this has been coloured with oil pastels in yellow, light & dark green in a random manner. I have used my finger to blend the pastels to the desired consistency and I like to apply them quite thickly.


I then used some sequin waste base as a mask and applied Lumiere halo blue gold paint with a stippling brush around the outside edge of the board, holding the mask in place with low tack masking tape whilst stippling. Once dry, I have then centrally applied a Crafty Individuals rubber stamp of a thistle from Plate C1-134 using olive green Stazon and scraped through the oil pastels to expose the white mountboard to accent the thistle and border, using a piercing tool. I then used a random dot backgroud stamp and overstamped around the edges with Versamark and applied emerald green pearl embossing powder and heated with a heat tool to emboss.


I then stamped two more images of the thistle in olive green Stazon on clear shrink plastic and punched a hole using my cropadile in each. After shrinking with a heat tool I applied one on each of opposing sides of the the central thistle image with a dark green flower brad. I matted the mountboard on light yellow and sage mats, edging with emerald dye ink and applied this to an A6 card made from dark green laid effect card. I finally stamped the word 'THANKS !' in versmark on the pale yellow card and again heat embossed with emerald green pearl EP. This was matted on the sage card, edged with green dye ink and applied centrally at the bottom of the card with double sided adhesive tape.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can still post without entering verification. Thanks so much for your time taken to comment and I really appreciate you doing so !

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...