>

Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Girly Pink Jacobs Ladder

Top View


Well here is another one of my Jacobs Ladders inspired by Craft TV Weekly . This time I have used a slightly larger matboard base of 3 1/2 inches square. I have used an assortment of girly papers with a predominantly pink colourway which I cut to 3 1/4 inch squares. I edged half of the matboards in Pine Needles Distress Ink (direct to paper) and the other half were edged with a coat of Lumiere bright gold acrylic paint applied by brush. I decorated the panels before assembling the Ladder which was held together with 1/4 inch Grosgrain ribbon in French Pink.


Decorations were a selection of rubber stamps of bags, shoes, dresses, gloves etc. Stamping was done on cream card with Versamark and black Stazon and the images were heat embossed with various EP's before being cut out and adhered to the panels. Some appropriate quotes and words were also stamped and applied. Some epoxy stickers were also used.


I applied a home made 3D embellishment to the top panel and finally tied the whole thing together with a length of French Pink organza ribbon tied in a bow.




Top View without ribbon




Open Front Panels



Open Back Panels



Pin It

6 comments:

  1. Wow Sid, that's VERY girlie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! Thanks for sharing it with me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sharon........yes I know it's not my normal material.....but a change is as good as a rest or so they say !!! Thanks for your comments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi the brat, so glad you like my work.....please keep an eye on for more stuff I have planned in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice job! It looks like it moves very easily. I tried one a long time ago and had a hard time getting the cards to flip, but maybe it is time to try again, now that you have inspired me!

    Betty
    http://betty2dogs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Betty, glad to be an inspiration for you and thanks for your comments.

    ReplyDelete

You can still post without entering verification. Thanks so much for your time taken to comment and I really appreciate you doing so !

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...