>

Sunday, March 11, 2007

Brooches

Made another two brooches today. This time instead of using bazzill chips I have used wooden shapes as a base. I found them easy to use and they are very light too. These two are actually 39 x 36 mm and they are 2mm thick. Great surface to work on ! I first applied a coat of gesso all over each shape and allowed to dry. I then applied decorative paper to the front with PVA glue and allowed it to dry. I then cut away the excess paper and sandpapered the edges until smooth and slightly bevelled. The backs of the brooches were painted with Lumiere Pink/Gold Halo metallic paint and allowed to dry.

On the first brooch I randomly stamped with Versamark a small leaf stamp and heat embossed with dark brown opal EP. Then I stamped out the image of a womans face onto cream card in Pumpkin Stazon and cut it out. I then applied the cutout with PVA to the surface of the embossed brooch. I completed by edging with Burnt Sienna Chalk Ink and gave the front of the brooch a coat of matt paper Mod Podge.

On the second I stamped a small flower stamp with Versamark and heat embossed with Violet Pearl EP. I then hand painted with LuminArte H2O in sunflower. Finishing off by edging with violet Chalk Ink and a coat of matt paper Mod Podge.

Both were completed with a brooch back adhered with 2 part epoxy glue.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

You can still post without entering verification. Thanks so much for your time taken to comment and I really appreciate you doing so !

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...