>

Saturday, October 07, 2006

Heart Box

This is one of my attempts at decorating a plain heart box.

First I used acrylic paint to prepare the surface (Colonial Green for the outside and French Mauve for the inside and base - both DecoArt Americana collection). I then used a fine leaf design stamp and stamped the top of the lid with Versamark and heat embossed with Pink Pearls EP (ensuring that the inside surface of the lid was well supported to afford a flat surface for the stamp before embossing).


Next I applied a string of blue/green metallic beads to the lid edge with a hot glue gun at small intervals. I cut pink flower sequins in half and applied the halves to the lid edge behing the beads. I cut extra beads from the string and applied these with pink 'pearly doodles' around the lid edge.


When dry I applied an acrylic rose motif to the centre of the top of the lid. I used Adirondack 'bottle' ink and a natural sponge to stipple an all-over pattern on the sides of the base of the box, drying with a heat gun.

I applied a printed satin ribbon to the bottom of the box side and used the hot glue gun to apply silver and pink flower beads at intervals. Finally filled the inside of the box with Stewart Gill Glitterati Filaments (Astral Blue).

Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Sid your box is beautiful! You look like you take a huge amount of care in everything you do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Linda, glad you like it.....am in the process of doing some more different shaped boxes.

    ReplyDelete

You can still post without entering verification. Thanks so much for your time taken to comment and I really appreciate you doing so !

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...